Law enforcement liability insurance provides coverage for the bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage caused by acts committed by any public entity while conducting law enforcement activities or operations.
These law enforcement activities or operations can protect any police department, sheriff agency, or other public safety organization, other than a fire department that enforces the law and protects persons or property, including:
- County and Sherriff Police Departments
- Transportation Authorities
- State Police
- Private Security Agency and Firms
- City/Municipal Police Departments
- State Highway Patrol
- Federal and Government Building Security Staff
- TSA/Airport Police
The cost of providing legal defense of lawsuits is covered, but this key component may be offered either as part of the policy’s stated insurance limits or separately. Other coverages include bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage in the event an act is committed by any law enforcement public entity. This not limited to:
- Asset Protection
- Legal Liability Protection On-Duty and Off-Duty Officer
- Wrongful Acts
- Alleged Sexual Abuse or Molestation Liability
- Alleged Assault & Battery Liability
- Alleged Racial and Sexuality Discimination
- Firearms Liability (Open and Concealed Carry)
- Failed CPR
- Income Protection when Suspended without Pay
- Umbrella Insurance
Let’s discuss your Police Officer Liability insurance.
One of our insurance advisors will reach out to you to review your information and present you with the appropriate Law Enforcement Protection insurance solution. There’s no obligation, just good old-fashioned advice.